“Whatever happens to seed affects the web of life. If you are doing the right thing for the earth, she’s giving you great company.”
Every Revolution Begins as a Seed
Learn how to Grow Nutrient-Dense, Soil-Sprouted Greens in 7-Days the Low-Tech way. The no lights approach to an abundant harvest. Easy to plant, grow, and produce in pots or trays on your porch, patio, deck, balcony, or windowsill. Discover the wonders of sprouts and microgreens as offered in this two-part series which are usually offered twice a year, in spring and fall.
We will cover all the steps necessary to sprout these nutritious living-foods – from soaking to enjoying. With 100’s of sprouting and microgreens seeds available today, you can choose which to grow in your indoor garden. It is a fantastic great way to diversify your diet and is super fresh year-round. These two series Sprouting and Microgreens, give you all you need to know to Empower Your Diet.
Each week will include hands-on experience, recipe sharing, sampling, and a sprouting dish or two to awaken your palate and inspire your gardening.
- Grow a miraculous abundance garden. If you plant one square foot of sprouts (930.3cm 2, you can expect to harvest 1 ½ to 2 pounds (680.4-907.2 g) of greens every 10-days.
- If one square foot is harvested every ten days a year, you will see 36 harvests and a total production of 54 to 72 pounds (24.5 – 32.6 kg of fresh greens annually.
- If you plant every day, then it would be 547 to 730 pounds (247.8 –330.7 kg)
- Suppose greens are harvested from your growing shelf and windowsill. All done without light bulbs, turning up a thermostat, paying more taxes, or firing up a rototiller to produce this bounty of greens, too. That’s a lot of fresh food for only 15 to 20 minutes daily.
Begin Your Seed Revolution Today
Every harvest begins when the seed is released into the ground, but it doesn’t stop there. What follows the release is a revolution, a sudden, complete or marked change in something. It is a procedure or course back to a starting point, a turning round or rotating, as on an axis.
The moment the seed is released, the revolution begins! The seed starts to change as the soil unlocks the life resident in the seed. Every seed started as a part of a harvest. As it goes through its revolution, it charts a course back to its starting point. After many days and nights, it springs up and grows into a bountiful and multiplied harvest.
As the seed is released into the ground, it remains concealed for a season. It is hidden from sight, but just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean that a revolution isn’t taking place.
Sprouts & Microgreens:
A Guide to Nutrient-Dense, Soil-Sprouted Greens in Less than 14-Days
“One of the most inexpensive, easy to grow and most concentrated but truly natural sources of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids (protein) known. They are also biogenic, alive, and capable of transferring their life energy to your body. Biogenic foods are foods that, when planted, will create new life.”
~Dr. Ann Wigmore
PART I – THE RADICAL SEED REVOLUTION
1 ~ Sacred Seed: The Seed Revolution
- Seed Freedom: A Call to Spiritual Action for Mother Earth
- The Secret of the Seed
- A Little Seed of Awakening
- The Language of the Seed
- The Rejuvenating Power of Seeds
- Seeds and the Sacred
- The Power and Importance of the Seed:
The Heritage of Nature’s Intelligence
2 ~ An Introduction
- The Incredible, Edible Indoor Garden
- Sprouts Ins and Outs
- Air and Water
- Darkness and Warmth
- Fresh Greens in 7-Days
- The Genesis of the Method
- The Nature of Soil Sprouts is Counter-Intuitive
- 10 Reasons to Sprout and Soil versus Traditional Methods
- The Difference between Soil Sprouts & Microgreens
- Becoming a Daily Gardener
- The Gifts of Being a Microgreen Gardener
PART II – THE HOW TO’S & PRACTICE
Three ~ How to Grow Living-Food Sprouts
- The Sprout Route: How to Sprout
- The Jar / Tube Method
- The Bag Method
- The Tray / Plate Method
- The Towel Method
- The Saucer Method
- There’s Madness to the Method
- The Water & All Good Things
4 ~ How to Grow Microgreens
- Seeds of Life
- Seeds, Grains, Beans & Nuts
- Why Microgreens?
- What exactly are microgreens?
- Why are they so popular?
- What’s their actual nutritional value?
- Health & Microgreens
- How-to-Grow 10-Step Process
- Soil versus the soil is growing medium
- Trays and Planters
- Organic Nutrients
- Planting, Growing and Greening
- Harvest in storage
5. ~ The Seeds
- The Seed Inventory
- Individual Crops
6 ~ The Living Soil
- Growing Soil
- Composting Unit
7 ~ Sprout & Live-Food Recipes
- Recipes: Food as Art
- Sprout & Microgreen Recipes
- The Elixirs of Life
Eight ~ Creating a Microgreen Venture
- Scaling Up Your Growing System
- Becoming a Community Microgreen Grower
- Essential Tips for Starting Out
- A Model for Success: Making a Difference
PART III: SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL & SUPPLIES – APPENDIX
9 ~ Resources & Supplies
- Resources & Supplies
- Tools & Accessories
- Glossary: Germination Termination
- Trouble Shooting
- Safeguards Against Food-Borne Illness
- Q & A
- The Author
- The Living Centre
This course is designed to provide a solid foundation in understanding the seed, the sprout and a microgreen as an act of seed freedom. This step-by-step course will support and give you the confidence you need to grow nutrient-packed greens for yourself, your family and your community.
(The Correspondence Course) It is the home study part of the course. Study the material and do the lessons at your own pace. Send in the lessons through postal mail or email. We’ll check your lessons and make comments and give you feedback on your progress.
Part II (The Advanced Study & Research) Thesis Project offers you the opportunity to dive deeper into the teachings. Choose an area of study that you feel particularly drawn to in the course, one that sparks your passion, invites your curiosity and beckons you to explore. Write a 5,000-word thesis and conduct a research project to be submitted within the course study time. Also, we ask you to offer to your community and document a couple of workshops or lectures to build understanding, expertise and confidence.
These sessions are available to both support and deepen the learning experience of this course. Ten sessions of 30 minutes each can be done over the phone or through Zoom. These are available to guide and advise you on your research thesis project. You must book these sessions in advance once you have sent in your proposed thesis topic.
Your Guide & Adviser: Shantree Kacera
During this course, you will discover the following:
Grow your own microgreens from scratch
Use the tools you already have in your kitchen and shed to create your mini garden.
Reap the benefits of nutritious microgreens with simple and easy meals.
Begin your own business.
Take the first steps to grow mini-batches.
Grow your production to create an income stream in your community.
Use practices for choosing marketable crops and seeds.
Apply the best techniques for planting, organic nutrients, and watering.
Find your best customers.
Promote your microgreen business and be part of your local solution.
Calculate startup costs and determine the initial investment into commercial microgreen growing.
Operate your micro-farm like a pro by following simple safety and quality guidelines.
Imagine: Earning $25 to $50 per lb or close to $100 per kg for fresh organic microgreens. One tray of baby greens averages $12 to $20 in 10 -14 days.
We’ll explore the best ways to grow these amazing, simple and doable in your own home. Growing sprouts and microgreens are based on 45-years of experience and research. Use present-day findings to help you understand the benefits of cultivating microgreens for vibrant health, a delicious diet, and a profitable business.
Learn how to plant, grow, and harvest the most nutrient-dense greens available in pots or trays in your kitchen, porch, patio or balcony.
“Sprouts vividly reveal the life force of a seed miraculously coming to life. They are one of the most nutrient-dense foods imaginable; they detoxify the liver, support the immune system (T-cells), and are full of life-force energy. Sprouts are biogenic, alive foods that appear to pass their essence (RNA, DNA) as a live force when eaten. Sprouts contain all the nutrients and energy needed to support a mature plant; when we eat sprouts, we acquire the essence of the mature plant but without the bulk. Growing sprouts in your home are easy to do in any season.” ~Viktoras Kulvinskas, Sprouts for the Love of Every Body
The sprouting, growing and nutritional concepts will be based on Shantree’s 45 years of experience as a sprouter and microgreens grower, live~foods instructor, professional nutritionist, personal practice, and observation with his own body and his patients. Much of the information you will learn will be based on his research and writings.
Applying the Practice
Homework / Assignments
Homework is sent upon completion of each lesson and is returned to you. You send in your address/assignment one at a time. I review it, comment, and support you during the one-on-one sessions as you develop your sprouting and microgreen operation.
You may complete these lessons on your schedule. But to utilize them to their fullest, we recommend you set up a scheduled time to do each lesson; one evening a week or an afternoon on the weekends will keep your momentum going. The average time to complete the course is about one year. Some students have completed the material in 6 months, while others may take a few years.
We do ask that you complete the course in two years. After two years, if the student fails to complete the course within the allotted period, the time-extension fee is $100 for each additional year.
One of the specialties of these lessons is the personal attention available to your questions and homework. We invite your comments, your practices and discoveries and suggestions.
Each student that completes the lessons and ALL the homework will receive a beautiful Sprout Master: The Seed Revolution Certificate. The Certificate awarded states that you are acknowledged for conducting a thorough, in-depth study of Sprouting and Microgreens Nutrition.
Lessons 1-7 & An Adobe DVD Reader
This Master Sprouter: The Seed Revolution Correspondence Course comes as an Adobe DVD Reader. The course is easy to follow and keeps your lessons, homework and other course material together. The material and textbooks are sent out as soon as we receive your tuition.
Textbooks for the Course
- Conscious Living e-Manual: The Sevenfold Path to Peace, Shantree Kacera, D.N., Ph.D. & Lorenna Bousquet-Kacera, 2002
- Sacred Seed: Whatever Happens to Seed Affects the Web of Life, Dr. Vandana Shiva, 2014
- Microgreens: An Essential Guide to Grow Nutrient-Dense Organic Microgreens for Health and Profit, ~Gordon Atwell, 2020
- Growing Your Living Foods: The Easy Way, Brian Hetrich, N.D., 2015
- Year-Round Salad Gardening: How to Grow Nutrient-Dense Soil-Sprouted Greens in Less Than 10 Days, ~Peter Burke
- Sprout Garden: Indoor Grower’s Guide to Gourmet Sprouts, Mark Braunstein, 2003
- Microgreens Garden & Indoor Log Book: Greenhouse Plants Microgreens Growth Tracker With Tables, Daily Organic Indoor Crops Report Book, A Great Gift for Microgreen Lovers, Planting journal for tracking indoor seeds and plants, Notebook for the gardener, Jasmin Jackson, 2021
- Sprouts & Microgreens: The Radical Seed Revolution- Shantree Kacera, RH., DN., Ph.D.
- Master Sprouting Course: Articles, Charts, Diagrams, and Hands-on Practices & Lessons – Adobe DVD Reader ~Shantree Kacera, R.H., D.N., Ph.D.
For hands-on training, see our Mentorship Programs. For dates and details, click here>
“Because sprouts are predigested food, they have a higher biological efficiency value than whole seeds, raw or cooked. Less food is required, yet more nutrients reach the blood and cells. Sprouting increases the quality of proteins; likewise, it removes the inhibitor factors [like phytic acid]. One of the easiest proteins to assimilate is chlorophyll. The sprouting process, under the action of light, creates it. Chlorophyll is effective in overcoming protein-deficiency anemia.”
“Anyone who believes that anything can be suited to everyone is a great fool because medicine is practised not on mankind in general, but every individual.”
~Henri de Mondeville
“When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use.
When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.“ ~Ayurvedic proverb
The regular fee is $1500
- All Correspondence Material
- Course Textbooks
- One-on-One Sessions
- Taxes where applicable
Shipping is $50 for North America | Shipping is $100 for International
Our commitment and cancellation policy
Click here to request more information