Summer Solstice Celebration: A Sacred Elemental Journey
June 21, 2023
Celebrating the Return of Summer
Our Sacred Theatre troupe invites you to celebrate this magical time of year and the turning of the season. Join us on a magical journey into the enchanted realms of each Element – Air, Fire, Water, Earth & Ether. Meet the new members of The Living Centre – The Stone Family. Embody and bring special blessings to give and receive at the Elemental Alters. Dance, sing, and share the magic of Summer. Receive a special treat, pause to activate your intentions and dreams, and give thanks for the abundance of Life.
Expect to be captivated in the wonders of Nature. Children are most welcome.
- We begin in the herb garden to pause and connect to the millions of groups worldwide celebrating the Solstice and a return to Peace.
- Journey to the Pond to be met by the storytellers.
- Write your Intentions to be powered by each Element & this apex time of Fire/Sun energy.
- Meet the Stone People and gather with the Element you represent for meditation and intention setting.
- Complete your time in the newly build Natural Building we call The Sanctuary for a short SoundBath and Global Meditation
- Then to the Bonfire desserts, camaraderie, dancing & Firefly delight
Please bring a blanket or light chair that is easy to carry, a water bottle, bug spray if need be and dress for the weather. In the case of rain, we will be in the Lodge
Time: 6:45 pm to 10 pm.
By Donation: $30, $45, $60. Children under 12 are free. All donations support the infrastructure and beautification of the Centre for events like this. Thank you.
Please RSVP – Register below
A little history:
Seven years ago, we created five alters to honour the Elements of Air, Fire, Water, Earth & Ether on the four corners of the property and in the Spiral Garden by the pond. The alters were made from a huge limb that fell during a wind storm from the Maple tree in the front of our house. It felt fitting that the limb from this tree that has stood like a guardian for over 50 years would be a part of these sacred spaces where people can come to give thanks for that which provides us with Life and to be nurtured.
About the Summer Solstice:
The Summer Solstice is when the sun is at its highest. On that day, the Northern Hemisphere receives more sunlight than on any other day of the year. This marks the astronomical start of summer in the northern half of the globe. Traditionally people celebrated the summer solstice, the day plants were said to have healing and magical properties. Bonfires were lit to protect against the forces of darkness. It was a festival to celebrate Nature and, more specifically, Summer.