Shamanic Herbalism - Honoring and Using Plants of Power
"Plants have long been primary teachers for those who travel deep into the heart of the world, for those who seek the soul teaching that only the wild can bring." ~Stephen Harrod Buhner
Shamanic Herbalism - Learn the Intrinsic Language of Plants
Shamanic Herbalism is an avenue for you to experience first hand the power of plants to guide you into heightens states of awareness and planetary consciousness.
You will discover how to form plant allies. Tap into the natural energies of the Earth to bring psychological, emotional and physical balance.
What happens during a Shamanic Herbalism Experience?
The process is both informative and experiential with an emphasis on deep listening.
Classes include teaching circles, earth-plant walks, plant healing ceremonies, guided journeying, herb and tree identification, harvesting, medicine making, working with plant spirits, earth awareness and journal writing. Each training will cover various topics depending on the month, season and specific interests of the participants.
The Shamanic Herbalism Experience:
• Focuses on the inner gifts of the sacred within the plants
• Presents an empowering experience in the majesty of nature
• Expands your ability in working with ceremonial plants
• Broadens your skills in developing energetic formulations
• Evolves your being through working with plant medicine
• Opens new horizons in the application of plant spirit medicine
• Awakens levels of consciousness
Guided by the ancient cultural wisdom of using sacred plant medicines, you will leave this training feeling confident that you can integrate new ways of using plants to enhance your whole life. You will be inspired to a way of life that brings in consciousness and the sacred.
Who can benefit from Shamanic Herbalism?
Those who desire to:
• Reconnect with the natural world
• Learn the intrinsic language of plants
• Enhance their spiritual and physical growth
• Understand the healing and medicinal value of plants
• Use plants in ceremony and ritual
• Bring Shamanic Herbalism into their vocation
The workshop begins at 9am. to 5pm.
The morning will include hands-on training followed by an Vegan Live-Food lunch designed by The Living Centre.
The afternoon includes lecture, interactive exchanges and concludes with a Sevenfold Path of Peace meditation. The session ends at 5pm.
- The Yoga of Herbs (Drs. Frawley and Lad, Lotus Press, 1986)
- Plant Spirit Medicine: A Practical Guide to Plant Spirit Medicine, Clare G. Harvey and Amanada Cochrane
- Sacred Plant Medicine, Stephen Harrod Buhner
- The Lost Language of Plants: The Ecological Importance of Plant Medicines to Life on Earth, Stephen Harrod Buhner
- Shamanic Herbal Energetics, Shantree Kacera, D.N., Ph.D.
- Conscious Living Manual: The Sevenfold Path of Peace, Shantree' Kacera, D.N., Ph.D. & Lorenna Bousquet-Kacera, 2002
Shantree is an Ayurvedic Live-Food Nutritionist, Therapeutic & Shamanic Herbalist, and Constitutional Iridologist Educator with 35 years experience in the Natural Healing Arts. He is the founder and co-director of The Living Centre (1983), and Living Arts Institute.
Shantree received his doctorate in Nutritional Medicine and Herbalism in the 70's. Since then he has been exploring the effect of food and herbs on one's physical, mental and emotional health. His passion and study has lead him to explore the benefits of a high energy Ayurvedic live-food approach to nutrition focusing on the local vegetation. He has had the honor to teach, counsel and empower thousands of individuals on their health and educational journey.
For more information
Dates of Shamanic Herbalism
To accommodate individual needs a person can attend our teachings as a One-Day or Two-Day Workshop or as a Three-Day Training:
One-Day Workshop Dates
August 9, 2014
Two-Day Workshop Dates
August 9-10, 2014
Three-Day Training Dates
August 9-11, 2014
Times: 9am - 5pm.
For information about the Visionary Herbalism Educator Course click here
Register for Shamanic Herbalism
Includes: workshop, educational material and organic vegan live-food lunches.
Transportation, tax and accommodations are not included in the pricing.
Companion Pricing: Bring a friend and save $25.
Payment can be made through 'PayPal' below or by certified check. Please make checks payable to: The Living Centre and send to: The Living Centre, 5871 Bells Rd., London, ON., Canada, N6P 1P3
A Certificate of Completion will be issued upon completing three 3-Day Trainings.